The USS Quincy
Wednesday, May 23rd, 7:30 pm
Community RoomPresenter, Bob Begin, will discuss the history of the USS Quincy, an American heavy cruiser, built in and named after the city of Quincy. He will follow her career from her launching in 1935, through her sinking at Guadalcanal on the night of August 9th, 1942, when she and three other allied cruisers were lost in a fierce night battle with a Japanese surface force.
New Library Pass Added
The Walpole Public Library is pleased to announce that it has added a Pass for the Springfield Museums which allows for Free Admission for up to 4 visitors.*
* Each pass entitles the bearer to free admission for up to four visitors per day during public hours. The pass may only be used once daily and does not apply to special exhibition, program or planetarium fees. The pass cannot be combined with other discount rates or coupons.
With Kanopy, Walpole Public Library Patrons will have access to more than 30,000 Films, for free!
The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is now available for free at Walpole Public Library. Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films instantly by visiting http://walpolelibrary.kanopy.com. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile devise or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Now available to Walpole Library Card holders
Current borrowing limit 5 titles per month3-Step Sign up:
1) Download the app or go to hoopladigital.com
2) Register with your library card [Walpole cards only]
3) Borrow free digital eBooks, movies, and more with no late fees!
Upcoming Friends' Events
- Wednesday, May 16 -7pm -N E Donor Services + Mothers Milk Bank Donate Life - See Details
- Wednesday, June 6 - 7pm - Gary Gekow Job Seeker Workshop: The Art of Networking
- Saturday, June 9 - Art in the Park "READ All About It!" launch event at Bird Park (rain date June 10) - See Details
- Tuesday, June 12 - 7:30pm - Michael Tougias: Above & Beyond: JFK and the U-2 Pilots During the Cuban Missile Crisis
- Thursday, June 14 - 7pm - Howie Newman singer-guitarist: Musical Baseball Show
- Thursday, June 28 - 7 pm - Mike Francis: Galileo Galilei the Starry Messenger
- Thursday, August 9 - 7:30pm - Aoife Clancy & Bill Elliot: Celtic ConFusion - Celtic/Folk/Jazz duo
- Thursday, August 30 - 7:30pm - Dan Shaughnessy: Boston Sports
Walpole Library Evening Book Group
Next meeting is6/28/2018 @ 7pm in the Pinnacle Room [2nd floor]
The WLEBG meets every 6 weeks on Thursday evenings at 7pm for 90 minutes. Discussion includes the current selection and books in general.
The next meeting is Thursday, June 28, and the book topic is Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach. Copies are available at the Circulation desk. Please come in, grab a copy, get reading & join us!