Use your smartphone or tablet
- Visit your app store, search for “OCLN meeScan” and download the free app.
- Allow the app to access your camera, to send you notifications and use your location.
- Open the “OCLN meeScan” app.
- Tap the “START” button on the welcome screen.
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN to enable your account.
- On the Checkout screen, tap the “+” button to scan the barcode of the library item(s) you wish to borrow. Your app will show the item(s) checked out.
- Tap the “FINISH” button when you are done scanning all your items. A receipt will be automatically emailed to your email account.
- Locate the library barcode on your item.
- Fit the entire item barcode in the viewfinder.
- Hold phone about 6” away from barcode.
- Hold the phone steady.
- Give the camera time to focus.
- Tilt the phone to avoid glare on barcode.
- Use flash in low light.