Ways to Support the Library
Get a Library Card
A library card will not only allow an individual to check out materials from the library, it will also allow access to many of the online resources available to the public through the library. Information about obtaining a card or eCard can be found here.
Attend a Program
The Walpole Public Library hosts many programs of interest to children, teens and adults. A calendar of events can be found here.
Join a Library Support Group
The library enjoys the support of three support groups:
- The Friends of the Walpole Public Library, a 503c charity, run the ongoing book sale at the library. Proceeds of the book sale and membership fees are used to pay for many of the programs available at the library. To learn more and become a member click here.
- The Parent Advisory Board is a committee of the Friends of the Walpole Library. This volunteer group assists the library in developing children’s programs, crafts, and activities for the benefit of Walpole families and is always looking for input from parents and caregivers about what they’d like to see at the library. They typically meet once a month in the evenings and information can be found on their Facebook page.
- The Teen Advisory Board is a volunteer group of Walpole teenagers who meet monthly to contribute to teen services, programming, and collection development at the library.
Donations and Gifts
The Walpole Public Library accepts gifts and donations in a variety of ways.
- Direct monetary gifts to the library gift fund.
- Memorial gifts in the memory of loved ones. Gifts are used to purchase library materials that include a memorial book plate.
- Membership and gifts to the Friends of the Walpole Public Library for support of library programming.
- Bequests in wills to the Walpole Public Library Endowment Trust to create a legacy of giving in perpetuity.
If you are interested in giving to the Walpole Public Library, please contact the Library Director.