Children’s Services are for children from birth through 7th grade, their caregivers, teachers, and members of the general public interested in children’s literature.
Children’s materials span a wide range and include items that promote early literacy skills for the youngest children, beginning readers for early elementary kids, and chapter books for older elementary and tween readers.
- Children 9 and under must be supervised by someone over 14
- Children 4 and under must be within sight of a caregiver
- Caregivers must stay in the building during storytimes and events
- Please see our full Safe Child Policy
- Children must be of age by the first day of registered programs
Teen Services are for teens from 8th to 12th grade. Teen book collections are available to readers of all ages who enjoy young adult literature.
Teen Spaces & Collections
The teen space at the Main Library is now located near the Coddington Street pedestrian entrance and includes seating, desktop computers (coming soon), outlets for plugging in laptops or other personal devices, and easy access to the teen collection. The North Quincy Branch (slated to reopen in Fall 2021) also has a dedicated teen space with computers and teen materials.
The teen collection includes fiction and nonfiction print books, and graphic novels. The library also has many online resources for teens:
- Teen Databases
- Online Library for instant access to ebooks, digital magazines, streaming movies, and more
Teen Advisory Board
Join the Teen Advisory Board (T.A.B.) to help us decide on events, books, and more. Email email@example.com for more information.