June is Pride Month.
“Pride is a celebration of generations of LGBTQI+ people, who have fought bravely to live openly and authentically. And it is a reminder that we still have generational work to do to ensure that everyone enjoys the full promise of equity, dignity, protection, and freedom.” — A Proclamation on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Pride Month, 2023
- A Pride explainer from USA Today
- Here is a calendar of Pride events happening around Massachusetts
- A guide to gender identity terms and pronouns
- Pride Month resources from the Library of Congress
- Events and a book list for all ages at the Boston Public Library
- Kanopy’s Pride collection
As always, we have a book display in the Young Adult Room.
Mass Teen Choice Book Award 2023
“[The] Massachusetts’ Teen Choice Book Award…is the only award in the Bay State that invites students in grades 7-12 to select their top new books of the year!