Introducing OCLN meeScan
What is meeScan?
meeScan is a self-checkout app that lets you check out library items using your personal smartphone or tablet anywhere in the library. All patrons are welcome to use it whenever they wish to borrow library materials.
How to use meeScan
Use the meeScan Kiosk to check out items or visit your preferred app store and search for “OCLN meeScan” to download the free app.
Use your smartphone or tablet
- Visit your app store, search for “OCLN meeScan” and download the free app.
- Allow the app to access your camera, to send you notifications and use your location.
- Open the “OCLN meeScan” app.
- Tap the “START” button on the welcome screen.
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN to enable your account.
- On the Checkout screen, tap the “+” button to scan the barcode of the library item(s) you wish to borrow. Your app will show the item(s) checked out.
- Tap the “FINISH” button when you are done scanning all your items. A receipt will be automatically emailed to your email account.
- Locate the library barcode on your item.
- Fit the entire item barcode in the viewfinder.
- Hold phone about 6” away from barcode.
- Hold the phone steady.
- Give the camera time to focus.
- Tilt the phone to avoid glare on barcode.
- Use flash in low light.